Thursday, July 3, 2014

Power of the Tongue


courtesy of http://deanneleblanc.com/


Hey Peeps!

So I'm sure that I've spoken on this subject before on this blog. But this also ties in to my daily gratitude challenge. WATCHING MY WORDS!!

Lately my favorite thing to say is...I Can't Take This Anymore. I can be referring to a lot of things that I'm dealing with that I'm just tired of dealing with. Like smelly people on the train that just HAVE to sit beside me or stand over me. OR Spending my day on someone else's time schedule. Whatever it is that annoys me the first thing out of my mouth is...I Can't Take This Anymore or I'm so freaking tired of this

You know the drill.

So I want to watch my words carefully going forward especially during my 30 Day Gratitude Challenge. So the next time I get frustrated or annoyed or pissed off or irritated, what will I say? How about...

This too shall pass or 

This is only temporary or 

BE EASY YOGI, BE EASY (I just stole that from Sirena at TinyBuddha.com :-) )


Let's Get It Together people and make the next 10 years of our lives the best 10 years of our lives!

You with me?

Good....now check out this article below that made me think about this!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned....





Power of the Tongue: Speaking Death and Negative Words

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”
Many of us have heard this phrase before but have you ever notice that it’s easier to remember the hurtful things said to you than the good ones?  Truth be told, words are very powerful and if used the wrong way, can hurt you.  God tells us in His word that “death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (Proverbs 18:21).   In other words, you will eat what you speak; the outcome of your future is a byproduct of what you speak whether good or bad.  Based upon scripture, your words can do two things for you: curse you or bless you; however, I will focus on how we as Christian curse ourselves (speaking negatively and foolishly).
Proverbs 18:7 (KJV) states, “a fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul”.  For better understanding let’s look at what the NIV says, “The mouths of fools are their ruin; they trap themselves with their lips”.
Let’s examine this scripture.  According to dictionary.com, a fool can be defined as a weak minded person.  One who lacks judgment or sense.  So according to Proverbs 18:7, the words of a fool (a weak minded person) can bring about their ruin (wreak, destruction, downfall, mess up, collapse and defeat).  In other words, your mouth can lead to your destruction and defeat; it can lead to poverty, lack, unhappiness, a failed marriage, low self esteem and more.  When speaking negative and foolishly, whether playfully or out of anger, what you’re actually doing is cursing the blessings God has for you.  Your negative speaking not only affects your life (including circumstances in your life), but it also impacts the life’s of others as well.
Speaking Negatively: A Solution
Avoid speaking, saying or surrounding yourself around people who are speaking negative around or about you – it’s cursing the blessings God has for your life.  God says he has plans to prosper you, not to harm you; so avoid saying things such as: I’m broke, I have no money and I’m just barely making it by.  This (along with any other negative thing) all goes against the blessings God has in store for you.  Instead say, I’m wealthy, I have more than enough, my God shall supply all my needs, The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.
Begin speaking the Word of God over your life.  Find a scripture in the Bible that tells you what God has to say about your particular situation.  Example: the next time you want to say, “No one loves me” go to John 15:9 and speak what Jesus says about you, “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.”  How awesome is it to know that God loves you. :)
If you’re in debt, instead of saying, “I’ll never get out of debt”, read Deuteronomy 28:12 and say aloud, “The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.”
As Christian, we need to stop blocking God’s blessings by speaking negatively.  God wants to bless us but we become a hindrance to ourselves in receiving Gods blessings when we speak things that are in opposition of Gods Word.
On today, make a decision.  Proverb 15:4 tells us that a tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.  Decide today that you will watch what departs from your lips.  Make a choice to speak God’s blessings over your life.  Through the power of the Holy Ghost we have the power to speak God’s blessings over our lives and with the same tongue (if used negatively) can speak curses over our lives.
Here’s an example of things we say that sounds harmless but is actually stopping God’s blessing in your life and cursing you:
  • I’m poor; I’m broke; I have no money
  • I have (name of disease), I’ll never get healed from it.
  • I’m ugly
  • I’m a failure
  • I’ll never find love
  • God doesn’t love me
  • My marriage is going to fail
  • I’m going to lose my job
  • I’m stupid
  • I’m a worrier
  • I’m sick and tired of _________.
By speaking these words, you’re claiming it to be so in your life – you’re decreeing and declaring brokenness.  Even if you are sick, don’t go around claiming it, instead say you’re healed.  Do this for every other negative thing in your life.  Remember words are seeds that can yield a good or bad harvest in your life –depending on what you speak.  The very essence of our being was spoken into existence by God.  Monitor what you speak.  Every time you want to speak negative, stop, ask God to change your heart and to renew your mind.  Then, fix your mouth to speak God’s blessings upon your life instead:
  • I’m more than a conqueror
  • I’m prosperous
  • By the strips of Jesus I am healed
  • My marriage is saved
  • My spouse and children are saved in Jesus name
  • I have God’s favor upon my life
  • I’m the head and not the tail
  • I have my career job in Jesus name
Conclusion
Words are powerful – they are seeds that yield a good or bad harvest (depending on what you speak).  There is power in finding scripture(s) on your particular situation and speaking what God has to say about it instead of your flesh.  God wants to bless you.  Don’t let your mouth get in the way of your blessing.  Pray with me:
Heavenly father thank you.  Thank you Lord for your Word and blessings.  Father, I ask in the name of Jesus that you help me to speak life and not death.  Place a guard over my mouth in Jesus name that I may not speak anything that is in opposition of your word and promises I have through your Son Jesus Christ.  Father I plead the blood of Jesus against every idle word I’ve said that was negative –cancelling out its power.  From this day on I make a decision to speak your blessings upon my life and the life’s of others.  I thank you Lord that by your strength and with the leadership of the Holy Spirit I’m able to do this.  Father, I thank you in advance for the blessings your spending my way and I praise your holy name.  I receive your blessings and will decree and declare them daily.  These things I pray and ask, believing that their already done; in Jesus name, Amen.
May you be encouraged and may God bless you in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment