Friday, October 2, 2009

Thinking In Reverse

I am so guilty of this....I actually did it the other day. I called my mom and I was like "mom I'm so mad at myself...I wish I would've done "such and such" 10 years ago so that it wouldn't be so difficulty now because NOW I don't have the funds to do it." Well my mom gave me her encouraging words like she always does and we had a brainstorming session.

Point is...I didn't do 'it" 10 years ago....I'm doing "it" now...and I will just have to find a way to make it happen!

I read a message from Wes Hopper today (www.dailygratitude.com) and he touched on this...and I wanted to share that message with you guys.

Let's all stop letting the past dictate our future....it's never too late to try something new! Where there's a WILL there's a WAY!!



Hi Yogi

"If you persist in thinking in reverse
you will only reproduce the same
results in your life over and over. "
Bob Proctor

What do you suppose Bob means
by "thinking in reverse?" How do you
do that?

It's actually really easy. You know how
I know it's easy? Because we all do
it, without any special training at all.

What he means is that we let the past
control what we expect for the future.

It's one of the main reasons that many
people have trouble creating really
exciting goals and dreams.

"I've never done that."
"No one in my family ever did that."
"Nobody I know ever did that."
"That probably takes a lot of money."
"Money's always been tight in our
family."

So what? That's the past and that's
thinking in reverse. If you allow that
thinking to continue, that's all you'll
ever get.

"Wow, I'm gonna love that!"
"OK, I can be the first."
"There's always a way, so let's see.."

That's getting in forward gear and
letting your vision of the future control
your thinking.

"Yes, I can" allows miracles!

Blessings,
Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment