Friday, October 15, 2010

Monica: Still Standing!


I’m a big Monica fan! Her new album Still Standing is pretty good. The two songs that stand out to me the most are Still Standing and Love All Over Me. I’m officially in love with these songs! I love Ludacris’ part in Still Standing, it’s a tight verse. 

His verse says:

I'm unbreakable, baby
Luda, yeah, it's a family affair
I may have done the things they say I did
But I'm not who they say I am

Try to throw my name in the dirt
But I really don't give a damn
I'm still standing like the statue of liberty
And I put my name in the history books
So you'll forever remember me

Remember me as the toughest warrior
Or the ultimate fighter
'Cause I'm the truth and nothing but
It's like my hands on the bible
And it's the survival of the fittest

The realest, it's not a facade
Still standing on my two feet
'Cause I'm a child of God
Do something

I have yet to see a video for Still Standing though. I love the video for Love All Over Me! Every time I listen to this song, I think about God’s love for me. So I always change the lyrics in the chorus ha!

The Chorus says:

I got love all over me
Baby you touch every part of me
Ooooo I got love all over me
And I don’t want to get it off
I’m completely covered up in your love

But I like to say:

I got love all over me
God you touch every part of me
Ooooo I got love all over me
And I don’t want to get it off
I’m completely covered up in God’s love

Here’s Monica’s video!

 

Stay Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment