Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lately....

Well I haven't been doing a lot lately....last Friday I went on an audition for a play....the audition was okay but I didn't really understand what the casting director was looking for....at one point she told me my character was excited but not happy to see someone from her past...I wasn't sure how to be excited yet not happy! Needless to say I didn't get the part! ha!

Thursday I auditioned for (and booked) a role in an interactive video for Columbia University (thanks to the recommendation from fellow actress/friend Danielle Faust). I start shooting July 20th.

Today I had an audition for a feature film. The director said that I did good but he didn't want to just say Thank you and have me leave, and when I didn't get the part, I would be left thinking that I did something wrong. So he was just straight up with me and said that I just looked too young to play the part. (Thanks for the compliment by the way) He said that he has a project that he's working on that I would be great for however he won't be filming that until a few years from now. I appreciated his honesty and niceness. Not everyone tells you straight up whether or not they are going to give you the part! So all in all it was still a good audition.

I am going to an open call tomorrow for a short film. I hope something great comes from this....I'll know by Monday if they like me or not since Monday they are having call backs. Not sure what to expect at the open call. But I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment