Saturday, July 18, 2009

Upcoming

As of right now this is how my week is looking:

Sunday I may go to an open call not really sure I want to go through that experience again...I much rather you just choose the people you want to audition and have us come in....if you leave it open for us to just show up...half of NY will be there! That's what happened at the last one!

But I may go and just make sure I get there early this time! I'll let you know what I decide!

Monday I shoot in White Plains the interactive video for Columbia University. I have to catch a 5:30am train that means I have to be up at 3:30am to make sure I don't miss the train. That's the last train to catch to be there on time! Lord Help Me! ha!

Wednesday I am going to a free seminar at Actor's Connection at 12pm. Details from the website:

The Law of Attraction - How To Attract More Creative Success, led by professional actor Tyrone Jackson (a.k.a. The Wealthy Artist)

12:00 pm - If you've seen or read "The Secret" then you know what the THE SECRET is. It's The Law of Attraction. The Law says that you attract into your life whatever you think about and your dominant thoughts will find a way to manifest. At this FREE seminar, you'll learn what it takes to become a successful performer and that attracting abundance in show biz requires more than just positive thinking. With a panel of actors from the world of TV, Broadway and commercials, they'll share how they've used the Law of Attraction to create professional success. By attending you'll learn how to: Instantly change your thinking to attract success; Create specific actions that will manifest your desires; Start creating financial abundance; Create a realistic vision for your acting career; How to network with prosperous creative types 24/7 and much more.

Wednesday night I'm taking a Film Intensive with Eve Battaglia from Eve Battaglia Casting at 7p. Basically it's a workshop to learn to audition for feature films on-camera. You get to perform sides for her on-camera after a Q&A and get feedback. I decided to do this because I am planning to meet 3 Indie Film Casting Directors through The Network on the 28th and this intensive could help me prepare for that!

Thursday there is another free seminar that I plan to go to starting at 7p through The Network. Details from the site:

New Media PR Secrets for Actors with Anthony David Adams
7:00PM, 312 West 36th Street, 3B, between 8th and 9th, 3rd Floor.
There are thousands of free tools online that actors can use to build their profile, fan base, and super charge their career. Discover what the top 7 websites are for actors and how savvy folks are leveraging them for amazing returns. Learn what sites you NEED to be using to advance your career.

Led by American entrepreneur, inventor, & social media expert Anthony David Adams who has generated over 2 million dollars in free PR using blogs and free websites. His most recent project, DetentionSlip.org was named a Top 25 blog for 2009 by Time Magazine. Anthony has helped his brother, Broadway star Nick Adams (Guys & Dolls, A Chorus Line, Chicago) develop an incredible web presence.

So that's what my line-up looks like SO FAR!

**Links: The Network Actor's Connection ***

No comments:

Post a Comment