Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stop Spam With Disposable Emails!





Did you know that there was such thing as disposable emails? Well if you did, then you got one over on me because I just found out about them about a month or two ago. I just used the service the other day for the first time. There is this website called Spokeo.com that has everybody's contact information on it. Only a few bits of information is available for free, you have to pay to get the rest of the info. You can remove any of the listings they may have for you, your family members, etc. You have to request the removal via email. However, they only allow you to use the same email maybe twice. So I was trying to remove all the listings they had for me, my mom, and brother, but they wouldn't let me use the email addresses I had previously used. So I came across 10 Minute Mail.

10 Minute Mail allows you to create an email address that you could use for instances where you do not want to give out your real email address. The email address they give to you expires in 10 minutes. Here's how it works:

You go onto 10 Minute Mail, they give you an email address, you use it and then the mail that is sent to that email address will appear on the home page's inbox. You can view and respond to the email that you received as you would if you were using yahoo or gmail. Remember, you have to make sure that you will not need to have access to this email address & inbox longer than 10 minutes!

I tried two other sites, but 10 Minute Mail was the only one that Spokeo would accept as a valid email address.

There are some out there that last longer than 10 minutes...just google around and I'm sure you can find others.

Keep it in mind if you ever need a temporary email address!!



No comments:

Post a Comment