Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Do It!!!


 

 

 

 
I have to start being more disciplined. Now that I’m going to be spending at least 10 hours of my day devoted to my “job” (the hours spent getting ready for work, traveling to work, working, and traveling home from work)

 
Once you get home you only have a few hours left before you are getting ready for bed just to repeat the process all over again the next day. Just imagine if I had kids…claud have mercy!!
If I don’t put myself on a schedule I will procrastinate like it’s nobody’s business!
I’m known for putting stuff off for the next day especially if I know that I can….ha! It’s the “getting started” part that is the hardest…some things I’m just not motivated to do…the best way to get motivated to do something is to just start DOING it!
In order for me to get EVERYTHING done…I need to set daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Well let’s say “intentions”…I need to put myself on a schedule…maybe even down to the hour.
Sometimes when I get home I say I’m going to check my email….well then I’ll get sidetracked and start doing other things on the net…something will pop up in my mind and I’ll just run with it…next thing I know…its 9pm and my show is coming on…..and I want to watch that but then I also need to cook and do this or do that…
So although I love my TV….I may have to skip some shows sometimes and just catch them over the weekend online or on demand….it depends on what I have to do that day.
I want to start getting in the bed no later than midnight. If I go too early I’ll just wake up in the middle of the night.
So that would leave me a good 5 hours to get things done before bed time. Well that’s if I get home at least by 7pm…if I get home before then, all the better. One mistake I make sometimes is eating right when I get home and then allowing myself to lay down….DON’T LAY DOWN!!
It messes me up every time! Ha!!
So self-discipline Yogi…self-discipline!! I figured I would do all the “internet” type stuff during the weekend i.e. catching up on blogs I follow, doing research, watching movies/shows etc…
Some intentions that I need to be more disciplined about:
  • Editing my poetry book
  • Writing 1 poem per week
  • Beauty/hair regimen
  • Mopping my kitchen floor (every since I was little I have hated mopping…some things never change! I want to do this once a week vs once every 2 weeks. Maybe I should get a Swiffer wet jet vs the wet mopping pads…hmmm)
  • Exercise (I don't need to lose weight I just want to do it because its good to get some type of exercise in. I only plan to workout 2 days a week about 30min a day....so we'll see!)

Anyhoo…set your intentions and stick to them!! If you have to put yourself on a strict schedule to be more productive and to manage your time more efficiently then by all means…do it!!
You’ll be grateful you did!
Stay Blessed

 

No comments:

Post a Comment