Wednesday, September 22, 2010

T.W.I.Y.W



 
Hi everyone!!

So I thought I would give you an update on what’s been going on in my world!! 

So I’m currently working as a temp at this nice foundation in Brooklyn in the development division…however, starting Oct 4th I’ll be working at a medical school assisting the Dean!! 

Truly excited about my new job! I actually like my new boss, very cool guy! I’ve been actively searching for a permanent job since Jan ’10. Going on countless interviews with companies and temp agencies. I’m sure I’m registered with half the agencies in NY by now!! Ha!  

So to get this offer and to get some relief from the hustle and bustle that comes with job hunting is awesome!! I’ve been unemployed for over a year…but I did take a year off to focus more on acting. This whole year has been focused on finding steady employment!! I have not given up on my acting career just have put it on hold for now.

I am going to continue to study but I want to focus more on my video editing career, getting the training and freelance gigs (to start); once I gain enough experience I’ll start looking for a full-time editing gig. I have a whole empire that I need to start working on and acting is just one aspect of it.  

I’m truly grateful for God’s mercy and grace. He has truly carried me this whole time. He’s always been there when I needed him. People would ask me, how are you making it? I would just say, by the grace of God!! He has kept me and never forsaken me. And he has placed me in the right position at the right time so that I could be ready for the blessings that he has bestowed upon me. 

When I left that interview last week. I felt so happy and peaceful. Interviews before that, I always left with an uneasiness or no desire to even want to work for that company. But not with this one. I was just truly grateful for the experience and then to get the job on top of that wonderful feeling….I just knew it was God saying, okay this is where I need you to be. So I’m looking for to my new journey!

Besides being about to take care of my financial obligations & fund my career, I’m also able to do more things with my friends now…I was such a hermit this summer!! I normally hibernate during the colder months but I was so anti-social these past few months. So now I plan to do more things this fall/winter as long as the weather is not too cold! 

God has really blessed me with great friends…always there for me when I needed encouragement, a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent my frustrations to, and most importantly someone to make me laugh!! Thank God for you guys!!! 

With all this excitement and prosperity surrounding me…I’m starting my celebration for this great blessing and accomplishment on Friday! Two of my other girlfriends just got new jobs too, we’ve all been unemployed about the same amount of time so I’m truly happy for them!! I’m planning a big celebration for all of us on Oct. 8th!! We are truly blessed!!

Other things I’m doing this week is: 

·         updating my blog
·         researching for my new business venture (more about this later)
·         reading all the blogs I just started following
·         looking at all the great TV shows premiering this week, some new and old!! Fall is going to be hot on the tube!!
·         Getting my tickets to see Lyfe Jennings’ concert at BB Kings next week
·         Adding more books to my queue on booksfree (I’ll do a review about this later, just signed up for it over the weekend)

I think that is it for now…

Stay blessed and keep believing!!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job Yogi! You sound so enthusiastic and optimistic I am sure you must lift the spirits of all who come in contact with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! I try to keep people laughing and be as encouraging as possible!!!

    ReplyDelete