Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Most Important Relationship To Have....

is the relationship you have with your Heavenly Father!!

I'm not a very religious person but I did grow up in the church. I'm very spiritual, I feel that it's all about what's in your heart and your personal relationship with God and Jesus.

God wants to be our friend, a loyal and dependable friend. My mom is one of my best friends but we didn't get that way til I was much older. She was my parent first and foremost and a friend second...and I appreciate her even more now because of that.

Trust in the Lord, he will never let you down! He's our Father and our Friend!!

Stay blessed!!!







This passage from http://www.seekgod.org/message/godsfriend.html touches on that:

God created you in His image so that so that He could have a personal relationship with you. God is seeking an intimate heart to heart relationship with you. "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God. Our relationship with God is the most personal relationship we can ever have.

GOD WANTS YOU FOR A FRIEND

God created you in His image so that so that He could have a personal relationship with you. God is seeking an intimate heart to heart relationship with you. There are some very good parents that have friendship with their children, while still being parents. God is your Father but He desires friendship with you also. (James 2:23 NKJV) And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.

A parent that you can trust as a friend is a refuge of security, someone you will go to without hesitation about any problem, or temptation. God desires that you let Him be that kind of friend to you. (Psalms 91:1-2 NKJV) He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shade of the Almighty. {2} I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."

Jesus calls us His friends because He communicates with us. (John 15:12-17 NKJV) "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. {13} "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. {14} "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. {15} "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. {16} "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. {17} "These things I command you, that you love one another.

Our relationship with God is the most personal relationship we can ever have. God is a jealous God; we are not to let anyone or anything come between God and us. (1Timothy 2:5 NKJV) For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. We are to be in Christ and Christ is in God, it is the Holy Spirit that unifies us together. God has given us His Holy Spirit to counsel, teach, and comfort us. Jesus said in (John 14:26 NIV) But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.





Friend of God

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE



"…Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, and he was called God's friend"
(James 2:23, NIV)

A PRAYER From Joel Osteen



Heavenly Father, thank You for being my friend today. Thank You for loving me and being faithful to me. Help me understand Your friendship today so that I can be a better friend to those around me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.



© 2010 Joel Osteen Ministries











No comments:

Post a Comment