Monday, January 17, 2011

Clothes Swapping!!



Hey guys....so I'm always cleaning out my closet and giving away clothes, shoes, what have you...been doing that ever since I was a little girl. I guess that's the reason I've always had a lot of clothes and shoes (if you want something give it away...ha!).

In Georgia the thrift stores as really THRIFT stores, shirts for $1, pants for $2, jackets for $3 etc....but up here in New York...that's a different story. I haven't gone to too many thrift stores but they are pricey. My friend needed a blazer for a job interview so I suggested that she go down the street to the Goodwill. She found one but she paid $12 for it. WHAT?! At Goodwill....$12 for a USED blazer...honey...she could've went to Easy Pickins (a nice, inexpensive clothing store for all you that don't know) and got a BRAND NEW blazer for that price!

So this time around I decided to REALLY  GIVE my clothes away. So I posted an ad on this yahoo group called Freecycle!. This is a place to go when you want to get or give something for free! Just type in your city and state to see if there is a Freecycle group in your area!

I gave away some nice dress slacks and shirts, a few handbags, and bras! Within minutes after posting I got everything SOLD (well given away!)

And it couldn't have come at a better time for one of the ladies, she just got a new job so she needed those dress slacks!!

It just makes my day knowing that I'm in a position to spare enough to help others!

This same lady also put me up on game with other clothes swapping groups in the New York City area....they are on meetup.com. (great site for those that don't know, check it out!)

Those two sites (I'm sure there may be others) are:

Five Boroughs Clothing Swap and The New York City Swappers

So I've done my good deed for the week!....now I have to replace those slacks come spring....who knows...I may be able to find some nice ones at a clothes swap!!

Stay Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment