Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Went Speed Dating Y'all!! :-D



One of my intentions for 2011 is to expand my social circle...meeting new friends (guys & gals) and trying out events for Singles such as Speed Dating and other type of events where you can meet people face to face. I don't want to do the online dating again...majority of the guys that I have dated in New York I met online so I have nothing against it, I just prefer to meet someone face to face so I know up front what I'm getting..physically!

So New York EasyDates hosted a Speed Dating event, the format was Everyone Meets Everyone, which means that they have rounds until every girl and guy have gone on a "date". So....this is how the night went:

We signed in, got a sheet to fill out our name and it had spaces for you to write down the names of the guys that you meet, then we sat at our assigned table. The women are stationary and the men rotate. So that night I had 10 3 minute dates..I think it was 3 minutes or was it 5 minutes? Not sure but anyway....after the minutes are up, they ring the bell and your date moves to the next table. After the event, you log on to the website, put the names of the guys/girls you would like to meet again. If the same person you picked picks you then you will be matched and given each others' email and the rest is up to the two of you!

IT WAS FUN!! I didn't meet anyone I was interested in seeing again but I do plan to do things like that more this year!

I found another site that have Speed Dating events for people of color, www.mocaspeedconnections.com and they are reasonably priced at $20 per event, some places are minimum $35 per event so it's something you may do once or twice a month or more if your bank account permits. :-D

They have an event coming up in Feb. that I may go to for people with (and lovers of) natural hair! 

My horoscope forecasts a very active social life for me this year so I'm looking forward to it!

I'll definitely share my adventures with you!!

Until next time.....                                                                                                                                                                                  





No comments:

Post a Comment