Thursday, January 13, 2011

Live Skillfully!







Good Afternoon My People,


I wanted to share a message with you that touched me today. Its from one of my favorite people to get inspiration from, Joel Osteen. In his message he reminds us to live skillfully. Sometimes our life becomes so routine that we just get stuck in a rut and forget how to get out. Get up, go to work/school, get off, come home, take care of kids/household, cook/eat dinner, do our nightly routine, then its bedtime....it's like we are on REPEAT daily.


Well today Joel states, "if we are going to live at our absolute best, we should constantly be growing and sharpening our skills. We should strive to learn and grow every single day because when you stop learning, you stop growing. When you stop growing, you stop living."


He reminds us that we are created to be above average, to not just "get by", to not live a life of 
mediocrity
. We are kings and queens! We are made to live life in abundance. Our "good enough" is not good enough!!


Joel encourages us to find new heights, and keep growing, keep learning. Follow your passion, your dreams, take that class, read that book if you can't take the class at this moment, do something, anything, that we get you one step closer to the life of your dreams.


Like me, I have a job that I love, making a decent salary (in New York standards) but I have to get more! So what am I doing about it? I'm using this job to help me move forward in life. To help me pursue the life of my dreams. There is nothing wrong with wanting better, or more...we are suppose to live above average lifestyles, in abundance and wealth! We are suppose to live a life full of prosperity! As we start to live skillfully we will live the blessed life that God has in store for us!


Here's your prayer for today:



"Father in heaven, today I choose to rise out of mediocrity. I choose to give my very best to everything I do. Teach me to live skillfully so that my life is a continual praise to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen."
— Joel Osteen

Stay blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment