Monday, April 22, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: Absent





Day 22!!


Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned


Absent

There comes a day in everyone’s life
Where you realize the sun rose without the sound of birds
There comes a night in everyone’s life
Where you realize there’s a full moon without any stars
There comes a time in everyone’s childhood
Where you realize you’re not innocent anymore
There comes a time in everyone’s house
Where you realize the place has lost the feeling of home
There comes a time in everyone’s relationship
Where you realize there’s a couple without a bond
There comes a time in everyone’s love life
Where you realize the love has simply disappeared
There came a time in my life
Where I realized the sheets no longer shared your scent
There came a time in my life
Where I realized the bed lay heavy beneath the weight of your absent body
Today is the time
In my life
Where I realized
I am waking up
Alone

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Life's Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment