Saturday, April 27, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: Unexpected Twist





Hey Peeps!

Poem 27!! The month is almost over!!!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned!


UNEXPECTED TWIST

It was my pleasure to be with him that night
He held me in his arms, so close, so tight
He showed me off to his friends like I was his trophy
I thought this was the start of a relationship with me
That night I felt so loved I didn’t want it to end
But he knew what he was doing and so did his friends
He was in love, was the impression he gave me
To my surprise, he had tricks up his sleeve

No warnings, no signs, to help me along the way
To see through his game, find no truth in what he had to say
It was all a big front; he had no real intentions to be with me
I didn’t give him what he wanted, so he felt he had to leave
He had one thing on his mind; but he said he had changed
I walked into his lies, fooled by his game
He didn’t seem to care, that I got hurt by this
I never thought it would come from him, an unexpected twist

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment