Tuesday, April 9, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: The Poet






Hey Peeps!! Poem # 9!

I love sharing my work with y'all!!! :-)


Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned!



The Poet


Girl,
Did I tell you I met a man?
A very interesting man indeed
When I saw him, only my eyes were open
My heart opened up when he began to speak
Girl,
Did I tell you about this guy?
His looks can make a weak eye go blind
I tasted every word that dripped from his lips
They had me shivering down my spine
The words seem to creep up my legs
Like a caterpillar on a leaf
So soothing was his words
I was intoxicated beyond belief
His voice enfolded all around me
Penetrating into my soul with ease
I feel he’s already made love
To my heart, my mind, everything within me

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Life's Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment