Saturday, April 20, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: Love's Duplicity





Hey Peeps!!


DAY 20!! Enjoy!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned



LOVE’S DUPLICITY

“I knew that there were three words to say that would change this person’s world. Three words that would change our relationship, I would then possess the title as ‘his girl’. I’m not ready for this yet, it is moving a little too fast. But if it’s not said, he may go; I want whatever we have to last. How can he love me in such a short period of time? It’s easy to mean that I love him, if I’m speaking from my mind.”

“I don’t know what it is about her that made me fall in love so fast. If she doesn’t feel the same way then how can it last? She’s different from everyone else, that’s why she’s so special to me. My love is true for her; I feel it in my heart deeply. She’s taking a while to respond but I’ll give her some time. I want it to be real in her heart like it is in mine.”

“I don’t think that I really love him even though I said so. After I returned I had no feelings. Where did they go? I have to tell him the truth that I lied to keep him with me. Three little words that will make him stay are the same words that’ll set him free.”

“How could she lie? Knowing how much she meant to me. Saying she loved me, knowing it had no meaning of sincerity. I was pulled into the world of deception, not able to see beyond the lies. Her love was an imitation, a delusion in disguise.”


Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment