Monday, April 29, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: Is It Love...



Hey Peeps!! 

Here is poem 29! You ever been in a situation where you know you should leave but for whatever reason your desire for your relationship to go RIGHT outweighs your desire for a GREAT relationship.....what keeps you there? Most of the time we think its love but in actuality...it's FEAR!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned!



IS IT LOVE THAT KEEPS ME HERE?

I sit here wondering
What is wrong with me?
I know what you’re doing
Still whatever you say I believe

Late at night when you come home
I smell the scent of another woman’s perfume
Still I say nothing, pretending to be sleep
Watching you slowly sneak into the room

I don’t know why it never worries me
When you forget my birthday or our anniversary
Some people would say that there’s another woman
And I’d say, “He’s just a forgetful person”

But in the back of my mind I know what’s going on
I know it’s true what they say
Is it love that keeps me here?
Night after night, day after day

Putting up with your games
Thinking nothing has changed
But I know your love is gone
It’s probably best if I move on

Is it love that keeps me here?
By your side through thick and thin
Still being with you
Whether you lose or win

As I think about all the things you’ve done to me
All the names I’ve been called
What is keeping me here?
It’s not love at all

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment