Sunday, April 21, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: A Wondering Mind



Hey Peeps! So it's Day 21...as I'm reading over this poem I remember why I wrote it...LOL

I have A LOT of celebrity crushes....and I was thinking about them when I wrote this poem!!

Enjoy!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned!


A WONDERING MIND


I wonder if I took your hand
Would you lace your fingers between mine?
If I caressed it softly
Would you, then, caress mine?
I wonder if I looked into your eyes
Would they dance at the sight of me?
If I took your face into my hands
Would you smile shyly?
I don’t know if you would do these things
Since I’m not reality to you
But I just have to wonder
Would you feel for me what I feel for you?

I wonder if I stroked your body
Would you tingle from my fingertips?
If I kissed you on your ears
Would you, then, kiss my lips?
I wonder if I held you close to me
Would you press your body against mine?
If I rub you on your back
Would you gently rub mine?
Since to you I have yet to exist
I can’t say the things you’ll do
Until the day I become your reality
I’ll just have to assume

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment