Thursday, April 25, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: I'm Through




Hey Peeps!!

This is the poem that I did as my monologue for Tyler Perry's Talent Search last year!!!

You can check out the video that I submitted as well!




Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned


I’m Through


Take your claim, get back your freedom
Take your memories, I don’t need’em
Wipe away the tears, erase all your lies
Take back the excuses and the reasons why

Release me from your bondage and your drama
I need to be me, not compared to your mama
Keep your empty promises and your lonely nights
Give back my strength to walk away instead of fight

Give back my friends that you ran away from me
Give back my worth and my self-esteem
Take your unfaithfulness and your blame
Keep your immaturity and your mind games

Take your pain, take your disrespect
Keep your “I love you” as I live with my regrets
Tomorrow will be the day I begin my existence without you
It’s over, it’s finished, finally, I’M THROUGH!

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Life's Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment