Monday, April 8, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: That Thing





Hey Peeps Poem #8!

Stay Blessed...Stay Tuned!

That Thing


His eyes are deep, deep enough to draw me to him
Deeper than the valleys, deeper than the oceans I yearn to swim
He’s tall and a deep chocolate, so enticing to my eyes
He captivates me with his voice, so enchanting I realize

His tongue glides across his teeth, rapidly, words coming out so fast
His voice trembles inside me, I’m loving it, I want the feeling to last
He speaks in a way that’s just so common, yet, I break into a smile
Every time I think about him, I just sit and laugh for a while

That thing-your eyes, your style, your voice
I’m loving it, extremely, but not by choice
I can’t fight it, something has taken my emotions from me
So I can’t control how I’m attracted to you deeply

Then…
I have to think…
It can…
Only be…
That thing


Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Life's Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment