Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Whole30 Challenge!!!





Hey Peeps!!

So today I'm starting the Whole30 Challenge.

If you are not familiar with it, its basically like the Paleo Diet but with somewhat stricter guidelines for the 30 days. I am doing this to get a handle, hopefully, on what is causing my breakouts.

If you would like to read more about the Whole30 Diet then you can find information in this PDF http://whole9life.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/the-official-whole30-program-whole9life.com.pdf

You can also visit the website of the creators, Melissa and Dallas Hartwig at http://whole9life.com/about-us/

They created the program to help change your life in 30 days through nutrition, basically. "Think of it as a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, calm systemic inflammation and put an end to unhealthy cravings, habits, and relationships with food."-Whole9


It won't be easy because I have to try to keep my weight ON while cutting out sugar and potatoes!!


The gluten/grains, not a big deal I cut that down tremendously over the last two years or so. It's the sugar and potatoes that I LOVE!!!


Here's to Clear Skin! I'm documenting my progress with pics....not on here, but just for personal use...so I can see what will happen.


I'm not eating any nuts though and I'm going to eat nightshades on a limited basis as well as eggs and coconut milk.


If I don't clear up like I want to after my 30day trial then I'll eliminate one of the three (nightshades, eggs, coconut milk) to see if that helps!


Stay Blessed and Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment