Saturday, April 6, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: WHERE DID THE LOVE GO?



Hey Peeps It's Day 6!!

Here's the poem!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned!


WHERE DID THE LOVE GO?


I don’t understand what happened to our love
It seems to me that you just gave it up
All of a sudden, things started to change
You got me so confused; you won’t try to explain
Is there someone else? Please tell me so
Tell me, where did the love go?

The love letters stopped, the kisses in the night
The little phone calls to make sure I was alright
No more roses on my pillow, and dinner by candlelight
No more soft caresses during night
What should I do? I really don’t know
Tell me, where did the love go?

No more walks on the beach and watching the sunset
No more reminiscing about the first time we met
You used to surprise me with little romantic gifts
But now I know that that is over with
There’s so many things that we’re going through
I can’t remember the last time I heard you say, “I love you”
I don’t really know what’s going on
But I know for sure that the love is gone

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment