Friday, April 19, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: The Silent Kiss





Hey Peeps!! 

Poem 19!!


Stay Blessed...Stay Tuned


THE SILENT KISS


His gaze penetrated into me
I could feel the stare in my bones
Falling into his deep chocolate eyes
I suddenly wished he were gone
Reading my every expression
His eyes searched every inch of my face
Not wanting him to touch me
He moved forward, closing the space
When our lips kissed
What force made me close my eyes?
What drew my arms around him?
I succumbed to his passion before I realized
After our lips separated
No voice did they impart
We held each other’s gaze
The silence sank, like music, on my heart
Not a word to be said
I left the passion where it needed to stand
Slowly I walked away
Letting my fingers slip through his hand

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment