Tuesday, April 30, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: Face To Face


Alright my people!!! The last day of April has arrived!! Wow...time is flying by...geez!!

Anyhoo...I enjoyed sharing my poems with you these past 30 days! I love writing poetry and I really need to do it more often especially since I have a third poetry book that I want to publish!

Without further adieu here is Poem 30!!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned!


FACE TO FACE

Face me in the day
Love is your reflection
Convincing are the words you speak
As you tell your needs of affection
Stronger than all
Is my belief that you truly care
Face to face, in your features
I see the happiness you aspire to share
Face me in anger
To reflect the thoughts in your head
Speaking fearful words, not in truth
Trying to recapture my heart with lies instead
Face to face, in your features
I can read your intense desperation
Rekindling the love is your mind set
Read me to learn I need patience
One face hides behind a mask
The secret face I desire not
Deepening the wounds I have given
Making you release the pain you got
Reflecting in your face is a grin
A grin of revenge seen to my eye
Your planned actions I don’t know
For your face gives no definite reply

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment