Wednesday, April 17, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: The Bath



Hey Peeps hope you are having a marvelous day!!

Here is Poem #17!!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned


The Bath…Part 3


I awoke to wet kisses
Disturbing thoughts made my head hurt
I pushed his face away from mine
I suddenly remembered her satin panties and Hawaiian skirt

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked
I didn’t say a word
“Why is your ring on the nightstand?”
He had his nerve

The water from the shower fell on my body hard
I wanted to wash away the nastiness I shouldn’t feel
“Can I join you sweetheart?” he asked
Those words made fire burn from my head to my heels

I felt his arms around my waist
It seemed like I was being suffocated by the steam
Flashbacks of the beach popped in my head
My nightmare was his dream

He started kissing me the way he kissed her
I pushed him away with both hands
He looked at me with confusion
“What? You can’t make love to your husband?”


Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Life's Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment