Thursday, April 11, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: You Can't Hurry Love





Hey Peeps!!! Day 11!!

Oh man.....posting these poems bring back memories geez!!! I remember the incidents that inspired these poems. Most of these that I'm posting were written when I was in high school....lol

Enjoy! :-)

Stay Blessed...Stay Tuned!


YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE


It hasn’t been long since we met
You already say that you love me
When I don’t say it back, you get upset
But I think it’s too sudden
I can’t say it to you
Because I won’t mean it
I want to be truthful to you
So don’t rush things
You can’t hurry love
So just be patient
The time will come soon enough
I think it’s worth waiting

Don’t push me too fast
I want to make sure love is what I feel
I want this relationship to last
So my feelings need to be real
You’re one of a kind
I care for you a lot, that you know
I just want to take my time
Love you with my heart and soul
I hate to keep telling you this
But you worry me so much
For the last time
You can’t hurry love

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment