Thursday, April 4, 2013

National Poetry Month Challenge: UNCERTAINTY


Hey Peeps!!

DAY 4!!!

Stay Blessed....Stay Tuned



UNCERTAINTY


I have spent a lot of time chasing a dream
When I finally decided to let a dream catch me
You came along
And swept me off my feet
Every time I’m with you is a pleasure
You are a fantasy come true
Knowing all of this
Makes me unsure about leaving you
I’m scared to leave because I may really leave
I’m scared to come back because I may not come back
The time we spend apart could be a beginning or an end
It makes me sad to think it could be like that
Maybe this is a test to see if our love is real
To see if our feelings are strong enough to hold up against time
Maybe this time apart will help our hearts conquer each other’s love
Maybe it’s a game to test the strength of our minds
Life is all about taking chances
This is a chance we have to take together
When I finally say my goodbyes to you
I just hope I’m not saying goodbye forever

Copyright © 2012 by Yolanda Allen. All rights reserved worldwide. Poem from book Blues of A Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment